Places I go

Thursday, May 26, 2011

art, heart and HEALING

I've joined the Art Heart and Healing group over at Willowing and Friends

Tam is a great teacher. The lesson I just finished taught us how to draw whimsey girls. the prompt was about healing a childhood trauma. This was my take.

click image to enlarge

The background is scrapbook paper that I altered a bit. The girls, and the dog are my own drawings! It really was fun to learn to draw them. I impressed myself! Didn't know I had it in me.

The journaling. If you aren't familiar with the song and how it came about, there's a video here that explains it. The sound isn't the best, but it does a great job explaining why the song was written. 

Oh, and there's lots of great pictures of Ricky Nelson to sigh over. :)


Scattered Thoughts
http://scatter50.blogspot.com
If you pat Belle,
she'll take you to the Home Page.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool I love your page.

Dxx

Rosie said...

Paula - these are lovely girls and pages! So glad you took to drawing whimsies! Isn't it a revelation when you find you CAN do it?! xx

Scatter said...

Thanks to both you.

Rosie, your the one that kicked me in the butt! Sending me to Wild Precious really got me going, then to Willowing. There's no stopping me now!

BTW, I so jealous of your summer camp! ;) What a wonderful experience that must be for you! I hope you have the time of your life, friend!

estonia said...

Love the girls!

Oh, man, yet another class I need to take. LOL!