Places I go

Thursday, January 1, 2009

This is a poem I wrote a long time ago. Just putting it here so I don't forget to scrap it.

~Lost and Found~

The tears in your eyes,
have taken their toll.
The fears in your eyes,
they burn my soul.

I wish I could save you,
from the monsters inside.
I wish I could help you,
and soften your ride.

I know that you love me,
and I love you, too.
But sometimes even mothers,
don't know what to do.

I know how it feels,
when your empty inside.
I know how it feels,
when you know that they've lied.

I've been there, I've done that,
I've worn out the shirt,
But, Baby, please know,
There's an escape from the hurt.

Go into this world now,
to find your own place.
Look for the wonders,
don't get caught in the race.

I weep as I write this,
tears come from my heart.
Which is always your home,
even though we're apart.

Love always,
Mom

© Jan 18, 2000 GOcala.com