Places I go

Saturday, January 1, 2011

What a turnout!

Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's  'Art Journal Every Day' is a major hit!!

I want to follow the blogs of all the participants!!  She has, as of this moment, 209 people participating!! Acck!! My poor scattered little brain!! How can I possibly...

(Please, if anyone knows an easier way to keep up with a group of blogs,  I'd be thrilled if you would share it!)

What I've done,  was make a folder in Google Reader called "Balzeroligists''  *giggle* and I'm in the process of adding everyone that has a blog to that group. It's quite a job, but I'll get there.


For anyone not familar with Google Reader (it rules) here's how I did it.

First of course, you need a Google acct *doesn't everyone already have one?* and  to sign up for Reader.

I opened 2 windows or tabs (ok that's a lie, I've always got multiple windows and tabs open) One with the list of participants  the other with Reader.

From the list, I opened the link I wanted to add.


 I highlight the address, and use ctrl+C to copy it to my clipboard.



Now, back to reader. In the upper left corner I click the add a subscription button, and paste the name of the link in the popup Then click add.


Next, under feed settings, I chose make a new, or select the folder to add it to.


Lather, rinse, repeat.

Whoo hoo! I now have a folder in Google Reader with all of my  Balzeroligists grouped together!



I've got lots more to add. It's been amazing, what a group of talented people!!  I'm in awe!

Hope this helps someone, now off to clean my Scrap Cave, and get some work done.

Thanks for popping by!

PS, I just refreshed the participants page, and in the time I started this little project there are now 211 people! Go Julie!

4 comments:

AngC said...

eek... You're a brave woman trying to keep up with all those blogs... I don't think I could do it. :) But thanks for stopping by mine!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I saw your comment on Julie's post - I forgot I could make folders in google reader. I am going to try it.

Only tip I have is that you can just right click on the link from the post and choose "copy shortcut" from the menu. That way you don't have to open each blog and copy the URL.

I look forward to seeing the rest of your pages - the stamp is a cutie!

iHanna said...

Hello dear Balzeroligist! :-)

Check your google reader settings somewhere (settings; goodies) for an even easier way to add people... when you visit a blog you can press a button in your bookmarks bar in the browser if you add it, it's a javascript that directs the feed from that blog to your reader!

Scatter said...

Thanks to you all for your suggestions. iHanna especially. I used to have that button on my other computer, and had forgotten all about it! It was in Reader/Settings/Goodies. Now, it's right on my toolbar!!