Places I go

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Altered Items


I  should have taken a before picture of this. I'd picked it up at Target for cheap. It was pink and red and glittery. As much as I love pink and glitter, It wasn't what I wanted for this. 

I used a little K&Co paper, some distress ink, a couple of velum butterflys, a bit of fiber. I'm much happier with it now.



These are a couple of tins. One is a mini Altoid container for me to carry an emergency dose of meds in. (Too many rushed mornings when I forget till I'm down the road.)

The other is a Godiva Chocolate Pearls tin. When I'm feeling flush, I'll grab a tin at Michael's checkout. (they aren't cheap, but I justify it by altering the tins, great little gift items)  Of course I have to eat all the pearls before I can alter a tin. Hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Hubby will use this one to carry his toothpicks in.

The K's are small wooden letters, the paper by K&Co. Some edging that has been in my sewing box for over 25 years, and a bit of distress ink. I love making something out of nothing!




Tomorrow's Monday. Good luck, have a good week!






http://www.gocala.com/belle.ico

2 comments:

bohemiannie! art said...

Hi Scatter! Thanks so much for your comment on my post this evening! I really appreciate the compliment. Your work (and narration)is delightful and I'll come back to see you often.

annie!

Rosie said...

I love this and the tins are cute too! =)